White Pizza with Apples
You’ll be surprised how much you love this apple and cheese pizza – serve it any time!
- Pizza stone
- Parchment paper
- 1 lb. store-bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta or Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Place a pizza stone in the oven. Preheat the oven to 450º-500ºF for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly flour a piece of parchment paper and flatten the pizza dough into a large circle, about 14” in diameter.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, rosemary, dried oregano, and olive oil. Brush the olive oil mixture over the crust.
- Dollop the ricotta evenly over the crust and gently spread it out. Sprinkle the mozzarella and the feta or Gorgonzola cheeses over the crust. Then lightly sprinkle crushed red pepper over the top if desired. Now arrange apple slices on top of cheese.
- Bake the pizza in the preheated oven until the edges are browned and the cheese is melted, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle dried thyme over pizza. Cut pizza into slices and serve.