Vegan Apple Curry with Chickpeas and Lentils
Adapted from pickyeaterblog.com
Robust flavors and full of spice, and so simple to make!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time29 mins
Total Time1 hours
- KCal: 276 per servingkal
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 Tbsp minced ginger
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1½ cups cooked green lentils
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 1 cup water or coconut milk
- 1 Fuji or Empire apple, diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- Naan for serving
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, bell pepper, and garlic in the olive oil, stirring until soft and translucent, being careful not to burn the garlic, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the salt, curry, ginger, cayenne, and cardamom, and cook for 1 minute. Add in the pre-cooked lentils and chickpeas, cooking and stirring, 1 minute more.
- Stir in the raisins and water or coconut milk, and cook 15 min, stirring often, until all the water is absorbed. If you like softer chickpeas, cook it for up to 30 minutes. Add the diced apple during last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with warm naan.