Turkey Apple Grilled Cheese
A winning combination of flavors and textures – the sweetness of apples paired with Gouda and turkey on sourdough make for a sandwich you’ll put on repeat.
Serving Size1 Sandwich
- KCal: 637kal
- Carbs: 57.8g
- Fat: 29.5g
- Protein: 35.1g
- 8 Slices of sourdough bread
- 3 New York Cortland apples, thinly sliced
- 12 Slices low-sodium deli turkey breast
- 8 Slices regular or low-fat gouda cheese
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter or mayonnaise
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spread ½ tablespoon butter or mayonnaise on one side of each piece of bread.
- Build your four sandwiches with the butter-side of the slice of bread on the outside. Inside your sandwich, place one slice of cheese, three slices of turkey, a generous number of sliced apples, and a second slice of cheese.
- Place the sandwiches on the skillet and cook until golden on each side, usually 3-4 minutes per side.