Toasted Ham, Brie, and Apple Sandwiches
This sandwich has it all. The saltiness of ham paired with creamy brie, crispy bacon, tangy mustard, and sweet, juicy apple slices deliver an unforgettable medley of flavors.
- Serving Size1 Sandwich
- Yields4 Servings
- KCal: 657kal
- Carbs: 30g
- Fat: 45g
- Protein: 33g
- 1 large baguette, cut into fourths or 8 slices rye bread
- 7 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ New York State CRISPIN apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ lb deli ham, sliced into ½ inch strips
- 2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- (Optional) 2 strips cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Slice baguette pieces lengthwise and top one half with brie slices and the other with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper on top. Bake for 5 minutes on a tin foil-lined baking sheet, or until cheese melts and beings to brown.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium sauté pan. Add the apples and cook until apples begin to soften and color (about 6 minutes), stirring every 2 minutes.
- Add ham, whole grain mustard, honey, and thyme to apples and toss until ingredients are well incorporated and thoroughly warmed.
- Divide ham and apple mixture evenly onto toasted baguettes and top with a slice of cooked bacon if desired. Serve warm with a refreshing glass of New York apple cider!