Toasted Ham, Brie, and Apple Sandwiches
- Serving Size1 Sandwich
- Yields4 Servings
- KCal: 657kal
- Carbs: 30g
- Fat: 45g
- Protein: 33g
- 1 large baguette, cut into fourths or 8 slices rye bread
- 7 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ New York State CRISPIN apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ lb deli ham, sliced into ½ inch strips
- 2 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- (Optional) 2 strips cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Slice baguette pieces lengthwise and top one half with brie slices and the other with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper on top. Bake for 5 minutes on a tin foil-lined baking sheet, or until cheese melts and beings to brown.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a medium sauté pan. Add the apples and cook until apples begin to soften and color (about 6 minutes), stirring every 2 minutes.
- Add ham, whole grain mustard, honey, and thyme to apples and toss until ingredients are well incorporated and thoroughly warmed.
- Divide ham and apple mixture evenly onto toasted baguettes and top with a slice of cooked bacon if desired. Serve warm with a refreshing glass of New York apple cider!