Sweet New York Apple Fries
These lovely fries taste like apple pie dipped in rich caramel sauce. Perfect for the whole family.
- Serving Size1
- Yields6 Servings
- KCal: 254kal
- Carbs: 43g
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- 3 large New York Jonagold apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- ¾ cup 1% milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar (keep separated)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup caramel sauce or caramel dip
- In a medium bowl, mix together the milk, flour, egg, baking powder and 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Place the remaining sugar and cinnamon on a plate; stir to combine.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a medium pot to 350° F.
- Dip each New York State JONAGOLD apple slice into batter, then add to pot of oil. Cook 4 to 5 apple slices at a time for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally with tongs. Remove apples from oil and immediately roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a paper towel to cool. Repeat process with remaining apples. Serve warm.