Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast Topped with Apple Chutney
This dish may look like it took hours to make, but it’s easy and super-delicious.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 oz. fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 4 oz. creamy brie cheese, without the rind
- 2 oz. feta cheese crumbles
- 2 oz. shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 boneless chicken breasts approximately 2 lbs.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup apple chutney, divided
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients together in a small ball and set aside.
- Place the chopped baby spinach into a mixing bowl, then add the brie cheese, feta, and mozzarella. Mix the spinach with your hands, until well combined (it should look like thick paste).
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Divide the spinach stuffing into four equal parts and spoon it into the chicken pockets. Using toothpicks, secure the stuffing inside.
- Generously season the chicken with the spice mix and brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 400ºF for 25-30 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts are.
- Remove toothpicks from cooked chicken breasts and place chicken on a serving platter, top each with ¼ cup of apple chutney and serve with a side of broiled asparagus.