Slow Cooker Beef Tenderloin with New York Apples
This incredibly flavorful recipe pairs savory beef with the sweet-tart taste of apples and onions, slow cooked to perfection.
- KCal: 420kal
- Carbs: 25.5g
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 34.7g
- 1 pound beef tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cups of beef broth
- 3 large New York McIntosh apples
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons beef bouillon powder or 2 cubes
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- Slice beef tenderloin into small medallions, about 1 to 1 ½ inches thick. Sear over high heat in olive oil, 30 seconds each side. Place beef tenderloin in slow cooker and cover with beef broth.
- Core and quarter apples and place in the slow cooker with butter, diced onions, garlic cloves, and beef bouillon powder or cubes. Cook on low for approximately 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, ladle about ¾ cup liquid into a bowl and whisk with cornstarch. Return cornstarch mixture to crockpot, stir, and cook on high for an additional 20 minutes. This will ensure a thick, rich stew.