Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Serving Size1 Tablespoon
- Yields8 cups
- KCal: 8kal
- Carbs: 4g
- Protein: 5g
- 6 pounds New York Rome apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Core, peel and place apples in slow cooker.
- Mix together cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg and salt.
- Toss the apples with the spice mixture.
- Cook on low for 10 hours.
- Stir in vanilla extract and crush any large pieces of apples that exist.
- Cook on low for 2 more hours.
- Allow to cool, then blend in a blender or food processor.
- Transfer to airtight containers or jars. Apple butter can be stored up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.