Shrimp with Ginger Apple Barbeque Sauce
Whip up this tasty sauce to baste shrimp, pork or chicken on the grill.
- KCal: 320kal
- Fiber: 6g
- Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 46mg
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp
- Heat olive oil in medium saucepan. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Saute for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Add sesame seeds and cook for one minute to toast seeds lightly. Reduce heat. Add applesauce; stir well. Add seasonings; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. If mixture is too thick, add a few tablespoons of apple juice to thin.
- Preheat grill. Peel and devein shrimp. Thread shrimp on skewers, and brush with sauce. Grill until pink and just cooked through, about 10 minutes, basting and turning every two minutes.