Sesame Kale Apple Salad
Nutty sesame oil pairs with crunchy kale, sweet apples and carrots for a unique dish. Top with grilled chicken or fish for an extra flavor boost.
- 1 large bunch kale, or 3 cups chopped
- 2 medium New York apples, sliced
- 1/3 cup sesame sticks
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- Wash kale and remove ribs by cutting in a v shape along both sides. Chop kale and place in a large bowl.
- Massage kale using your hands to soften and make more tender, about five minutes.
- Toss remaining salad ingredients with kale.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined, about three minutes.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve immediately.