Savory Roasted Apples
Roasting intensifies the flavor of fruits and vegetables. Try this savory combination as a side dish with your favorite meat or over pasta or couscous for a vegetarian treat.
- Serving Size1
- Yields6 Servings
- Cook Time45 mins
- KCal: 116kal
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 5mg
- 6 New York State baking apples
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 Vidalia onions
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon(s) chopped garlic
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Line roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- Core and cut apples into quarters.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 6-8 large pieces.
- Cut onions into small wedges.
- Combine apples, vegetables, olive oil, and garlic.
- Roast in pan for 40-45 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar before serving.
- Delicious hot or cold.