Sassy Apple and Jalapeño Sliders
The name of this recipe says it all! The combination of a New York-grown Gala and jalapeños is the perfect duo of sweet and spicy taste. When you couple that with a milky, earthy flavor of camembert cheese accented with salsa and fresh cilantro–you have a reason to have a party.
- 1 New York-grown Gala apple diced
- 4 small-medium sized jalapeño peppers, deveined, halved and roasted
- Olive oil spray
- 6 oz of Camembert cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup fresh salsa
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out all the seeds and veins using a spoon. Place cleaned pepper halves face up on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spritz them lightly with olive oil spray.
- Broil pepper halves on med-high in the oven for 3-4 minutes, watching carefully to ensure they don't burn. The peppers should be slightly crunchy, so they hold their shape. While the peppers are still warm, spoon one tablespoon of camembert cheese into each pepper half, spreading evenly.
- Add one teaspoon of fresh salsa to the cheese in each pepper half.
- Then add one tablespoon of diced apple on top of each pepper half and finish with a sprinkle of freshly chopped cilantro. The sweetness of the apple and melty cheese balances the spiciness of the jalapeño pepper.