Rose Apple Tarts with Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt
These will easily be the highlight of the dessert table – a gorgeous display of apples boasting the warm flavors of cinnamon and vanilla.
- Serving Size1 Tart
- Yields6 Servings
- KCal: 223kal
- Carbs: 28.4g
- Fat: 9.9g
- Protein: 5.3g
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 large New York apples, halved
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoon pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling)
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 vanilla bean pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2-3 Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Cut open vanilla bean pod and scrape out seeds. Add seeds to Greek yogurt and sweetener of choice to a bowl and mix until well combined. Cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Core and thinly slice apples into a bowl filled with 1 cup water and lemon juice.
- Cook apples in microwave for 3 minutes, until soft and pliable. Drain and set aside.
- Combine maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry dough on parchment paper. Cut dough into 6 strips, about 2 inches wide. Brush each strip with beaten egg followed by coconut oil mixture.
- Arrange apple slices overlapping on each strip of pastry dough, about ten per strip. Leave one inch of dough uncovered.
- Fold uncovered pastry dough over bottom of apples, and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Carefully roll the strip so that a rose shape forms, and place in greased muffin tin.
- Brush tops once more with egg and syrup mixture, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until apples have browned slightly.
- Let cool five minutes, then serve with a scoop of frozen yogurt.