Roasted Red Cabbage and Apples with Tahini Dressing
The roasted, sweet, caramelized flavor of apples and cabbage are perfect partners for the bright, lemony tahini dressing! Makes a great snack or side dish.
Serving Size1 Serving
Yields4 to 8 Servings
- 1 medium head red cabbage (about 3 pounds), outer leaves removed
- 2 Apples, cored and cut into thick wedges
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, whole or slivered for topping
- ¼ cup smooth tahini*
- 3 tablespoons water, more if needed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 450°F.
- Cut the cabbage in ½” thick rounds. Lay the cabbage rounds and apple wedges on a baking sheet and season both sides with salt, pepper, and dried thyme
- Roast one side about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the tahini dressing: Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl until combined and smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add more water, ½ tablespoon at a time, until it’s a consistency perfect for drizzling.
- Flip the cabbage rounds and roast until browned at the edges, about 15 minutes more. If the edges aren't browned enough for your taste, put the cabbage back in for 5-minute increments until they are done.
- Drizzle with the tahini dressing, top with toasted almonds and serve immediately.