Roasted Beet and NY Apple Salad with Apple Cider Vinegar Dressing
This salad combines the earthy flavors of beets and arugula teamed with tangy goat cheese, walnuts, and sweet, crunchy apples topped with a zesty dressing.
- KCal: 256kal
- Carbs: 27.9g
- Fat: 26.2g
- Protein: 5.6g
- 2 medium fresh beets, tops removed
- 2 cups New York Honeycrisp apples, thinly sliced
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 4 cups arugula
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Fill a large Dutch oven with about an inch of water.
- Place beets, skin-on, into Dutch oven and roast, covered, for 35 minutes or until you can poke beets easily with a fork.
- While beets are roasting, prepare dressing by whisking remaining ingredients together.
- When beets are cool to the touch, slip skins off using a fork. Halve and slice the beets.
- Combine Honeycrisp apples, beets, arugula, and dressing. Toss to combine, then add walnuts and cheese. Enjoy!