Red Delicious, Manchego and Fig
The firm and supple texture of Manchego cheese paired with a wedge of New York-grown Red Delicious apple on a fig slice assembled over a seeded flat cracker delivers the right light, sweet crunch, and incredible texture. This appetizer makes a visually beautiful statement and is incredibly delicious.
- 1 NY Red Delicious apple, sliced into wedges
- 1 package of flat, seeded crackers
- 7 oz. Manchego cut into .5 oz triangles
- 4 figs, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. dark maple syrup, optional for drizzling
- 3 fresh sprigs of thyme
- Arrange crackers in a single layer onto a serving platter.
- Place one slice of Manchego cheese on top of each cracker.
- Place an apple wedge on top of each Manchego slice. Then, add a slice of fig to each cracker.
- Garnish the serving platter with a few sprigs of fresh thyme.
- Finish with a drizzle of maple syrup over the top of each cracker.