Portuguese Style Beef and Apples
Inspired by foodfromportugal.com
Tender and savory beef balanced with the sweet and complex flavors of apples and spices.
- 10-1/2 ounces beef steak, cubed
- 1 sweet red apple, seeded and sliced into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of half lemon
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh flat parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Remove the fat from beef, cut into cubes and season with a salt, garlic, cinnamon, and olive oil.
- Place meat into baking dish.
- Add the apple wedges to the baking dish, drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, until meat is tender.
- Occasionally drizzle the meat and the apple with the sauce. Serve with fresh mixed greens.