Pork and NY Apple Tacos
Pork and apples have always been great partners – these tacos are all the proof you need. They kick it up a notch with just the right blend of spicy and sweet.
- 1 small pork tenderloin, diced into small cubes
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 New York apple, diced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 tortilla bowls soft flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Optional toppings: diced avocado, Cotija cheese, hot peppers
- In a medium bowl, mix apple, onion, lime juice and cilantro, stirring well. Refrigerate and set aside.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pork and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked through.
- Add taco seasoning and cook 3 – 5 minutes or until seasoning is incorporated and pork is thoroughly cooked.
- Divide cooked rice among tortillas. Layer with pork, apple slaw, and optional toppings as desired. Enjoy!