Pan Fried Salmon with Apples
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) salmon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 red apples, peeled and sliced in wedges or diced
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Let marinate 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet on a low heat and add the butter and the olive oil.
- When the butter has melted, add the salmon and fry on both sides over medium-low heat for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place the red onion and apple slices with the brown sugar in a skillet, stir and caramelize the apple over low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the salmon and the caramelized apple on a plate and garnish with fresh chives and dill.