NY Apple Seasonal Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing
Think fresh, think seasonal, think apples!
- KCal: 347kal
- Carbs: 43g
- Fiber: 5g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- 1 cup(s) tri-color quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cup(s) fresh kale
- 1 ear of corn, on the cob, unhusked
- 1/4 cup(s) hulled, unroasted, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 medium apple
- 1/2 cup(s) cheese curds,1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup(s) dried cranberries (such as Craisins)
- 2 tablespoon(s) of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) of country dijon mustard (such as Grey Poupon)
- 1 tablespoon(s) of honey or 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) of celery seed
- In a cruet or jar, combine all dressing ingredients and shake well. Set aside.
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions; let cool. Wash the kale, pat it dry with paper towels or air dry it, and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook ear of corn, in its husk, in microwave on high power for 3-4 minutes. Let corn cool until it can be handled comfortably. Shuck the corn, and carefully slice corn kernels off cob. Let kernels cool.
- Heat a small, heavy skillet on medium heat. Add pumpkin seeds, and toast them until lightly browned and starting to pop open, about 4-5 minutes, stirring them constantly to prevent burning. Let cool.
- Core the apple, skin intact; chop it into 1/2-inch chunks. Chunk the cheese curds as needed.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large salad bowl. Drizzle the vinaigrette dressing on top of the salad, and toss.