New York Wedge Salad Buffet
This salad offers plenty of delicious options; crisp bacon, crunchy NY apples, bleu cheese, nuts and berries.
- 2 Heads iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 to 6 wedges
- 4 New York State apples, sliced or diced. Try sweet or tart varieties, or a fun blend of both!
- Any of the following: 2 cups of cooked bacon or turkey bacon: bleu cheese or a low-fat cheese, walnuts, fresh blueberries, cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley
Salad dressing options: store-bought Roquefort cheese dressing, honey mustard, or Thousand Island; or homemade recipe below:
- 8 oz Lite sour cream
- ¼ - ½ Cups crumbled bleu cheese
- 5 Tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a prepared board, arrange the salad dressings in small bowls. Arrange iceberg wedges around the outside of the board. Fill in the open areas with the remaining ingredients and serve!