New York Roasted Apple and Salmon Salad
This salad is perfect for a cold day, but won’t weigh you down like other comfort foods.
- Serving Size1
- Yields2 Servings
- 1 Empire apple; cored and peeled; cut in 6 pieces
- 1 (5-oz) piece salmon fillet with skin
- 1 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil plus additional for drizzling
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon(s) pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted in toaster oven
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil Good Seasons mix (use half envelope)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Rub salmon all over with 1 teaspoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet in upper third of oven until fish is just cooked through, about 12 minutes. At the same time roast apples with 1 teaspoon olive oil drizzle (12 minutes)
- Cut salmon in half crosswise, then lift flesh from skin with a metal spatula and transfer to a plate. Discard skin; drizzle salmon with oil and sprinkle with herbs. Arrange lettuce with pumpkin seeds, sliced apples and chunked salmon.
- Drizzle with dressing.