New York Apple Waldorf Salad
The classic Waldorf salad is a New York tradition. We recommend New York Empire apples for a satisfying crunch that’s slow to brown.
- 5 Tbsp mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 New York apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half (or 1/4 cup of raisins)
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped, slightly toasted walnuts
- Butter lettuce leaves
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise (or yogurt), honey mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce.