New York Apple Super Muffins
These muffins are a super choice to keep breakfast healthy and fun! Get ready to fill up and feel great after chowing down on one of these whole-wheat apple muffins that are packed with apple goodness.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 medium NY apple cored and chopped
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup Kashi Good Friends™ cereal (or any crunchy, high-fiber cereal)
- 3/4 cup skim milk or soy milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal with milk and let stand 2-3 minutes. Add the egg whites and beat well. Stir in applesauce, NY apple pieces, cinnamon and maple syrup. Add flour mixture and mix until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Divide evenly into muffin cups and bake about 25 minutes or until browned.