New York Apple Summer Salad
A crunchy, fresh salad with a tasty vinaigrette.
- KCal: 170kal
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 15g
- Protein: 2g
- 1 large crisp NY Apple cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 avocado cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup cucumber chunks
- 1/4 cup toasted shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup green grapes
- 8 medium leaves green leaf lettuce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze lemon onto apple and avocado chucks to prevent browning. Set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette: Combine lime juice, vinegar, honey, cumin, chives, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine (Or use cruet and shake). Slowly drizzle in oil; whisk or shake until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Combine vinaigrette with apple, avocado, cucumber, pistachios, and grapes in a bowl and toss. Serve salad in green leaf lettuce “bowls.”