New York Apple Slaw with Sweet and Sour Cider Dressing
This sweet and sour salad is a fan-favorite for picnics and sandwiches.
- Serving Size1
- Yields6 Servings
- KCal: 162kal
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 2g
- 2 cup(s) sliced, finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup(s) sliced, finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 medium red apple, sliced thin and cut into small matchsticks
- 1 medium green apple, sliced thin and cut into small matchsticks
- 1 cup(s) grated carrot
- 1/4 cup(s) shelled, roasted pistachios
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) country dijon mustard (such as Grey Poupon)
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) celery seed
- 2 tablespoon(s) apple cider
- In a cruet or jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake well. Set aside.
- Combine cabbage, carrot and apples into a large bowl.
- Chop pistachios with a knife or use a chopper.
- Add chopped pistachios to the bowl.
- Add dressing, salt and pepper to taste, and stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes; stir again before serving.