New York Apple & Pecan Stuffing
Try this stuffing recipe for your next holiday turkey; apples and apple cider make this a slightly sweet and moist stuffing for your holiday gathering.
Cook Time30 mins
- 3 cups chopped NY Apples (Empire, Jonagold, Cortland)
- 1/2 cup fresh NY Apple Cider
- 3/4 stick butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup diced onion
- 3 cups bread stuffing-plain
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) each: sage, marjoram, thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Melt ¼ cup margarine in skillet and add chopped celery and onions. Sautee until tender. Mix into bread. Melt 2 T margarine and add apple chunks. Sautee until golden brown and add to bread mixture. Add spices, nuts, cider and mix well. Stuff turkey or place in casserole dish and bake at 350° F for 30 minutes.