New York Apple Chicken Sausage Patties
These simple chicken sausages are a healthy alternative to traditional sausages, and have great taste and nutrition boosts from NY apples. These fun-to-eat patties are a savory hit the whole family can get behind.
- 1 large tart NY apple, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- In a large bowl, combine the NY apple, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight 3-inch patties.
- In a large, greased cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve with your favorite sauces like honey mustard or tzatziki, or slice and use as a protein-packed salad topper.