New York Apple-cado Salad
New York Apples and fresh avocados make this salad delicious and nutrient-rich.
- 2 small, ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium red apple, cored, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 red apple, cored and julienned (save for topping)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/4 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shaved thinly
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced cilantro (optional)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1-2 tbsp crumbled blue cheese
- Place avocado and apple chunks into a large bowl. Coat chunks with lime juice. Add red onion, cabbage, salt, jalapeño, orange bell pepper, shaved carrot, cilantro and stir.
- Place mixed greens into a shallow serving bowl; spoon apple-cado mixture on top of greens.
- Top with julienned apple strips and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles.