New York Apple Broccoli Asian Slaw
Shredded apples and apple cider vinegar sweeten this slaw recipe.
- 2 New York apples (suggest Empire, Paula Red, Macoun) sliced into matchstix
- 1 package 3 oz. Ramen noodles
- 1 package 16 oz. broccoli coleslaw mix or local cabbage and carrots shredded thinly
- 2 tablespoon(s) sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets cut up
- 1 cup sunflowers kernels, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Seasoning packet
- Set aside noodle seasoning packet for dressing; crush the noodles and place in a large bowl with slaw mix, onions, broccoli, apples, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
- In a jar with a tight lid combine sugar, vinegar, oil, and seasoning packet and shake well. Toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.