Hot Spiced Cider Tea
A magnificent blend of aromatic spices, sweet NY apple cider and citrus flavors make this tea a conversation starter for any gathering.
- 5 cups cold water
- 2 bags orange-pekoe tea
- 2 bags chai tea
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1 orange, juiced
- 5 coin-size pieces fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 (1-inch) strips fresh orange peel (optional)
- 2 (1-inch) strips fresh lemon peel (optional)
- Add water and optional ginger and citrus peels to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the tea bags, immediately remove from the heat, and steep for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add cider and orange juice. Return the pan to medium heat and warm, taking care not to let the tea boil. Serve hot.