Honey Mustard Chicken with Apples
Not only is this one-skillet dish easy to prepare, it has the perfect balance of sweet, tangy and tart.
- KCal: 470kal
- Carbs: 16g
- Fat: 33g
- Protein: 29g
- Sodium: 237mg
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in (about 2 ½ lbs)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 2 large New York Cortland apples, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- (Optional) fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a medium bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium, oven-safe skillet and cook chicken skin-side down until golden brown. Flip chicken thighs and sear skinless side for 2-3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add onion and apples to hot skillet and cook slightly until softened, adding oil if needed. Remove from heat and add broth and honey mustard, stirring to combine evenly.
- Place chicken, skin side up, into pan with apple sand onions and roast uncovered for 15- 20 minutes, until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken, apples, and onions to serving bowls, reserving broth. Mix butter and flour together until it forms a paste, then add to broth. Simmer until broth reaches gravy-like consistency, then add chop rosemary if desired.
- Serve chicken and apples with gravy and hearty whole grain bread!