Harvest Apple Soup
This hearty soup combines the nutty, creamy flavors of roasted squash and pumpkin with sweet notes from New York apples. Swap in vegetable broth for a meat-free meal that’s rich and delicious.
- 2 large New York State apples, cored & chopped
- ½ cup chopped pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon chopped sage
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange apples, squash, and pumpkin on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with salt, pepper, sage and chopped garlic. Roast for 35 minutes, tossing halfway through baking.
- In a blender, puree 1-2 cups of squash mixture and 1 cup of broth. Transfer to large pot and continue to blend squash and broth in batches.
- When all soup has been transferred to pot, stir in smoked paprika, salt and pepper, and half-and-half. Cook for 20-30 minutes on low heat. Garnish with toasted pecans and serve.