Grilled Salmon with Apple Salsa
Fresh and bright flavors and textures mix and mingle in this summertime favorite.
- 1 lb. wild sockeye salmon
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped medium
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 mini red peppers, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of one lime
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, cucumber, cilantro, red onion, peppers, and dill. Season with a sprinkle of sea salt and squeeze of lime. Set aside.
- Slice salmon into 4 sections. In a small bowl, combine the avocado oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Brush the oil mixture all over each of the salmon portions.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place the salmon on the grates skin side up. Grill for about 2-3 minutes, then flip over. While the salmon is grilling skin side down, brush top of the salmon with more avocado oil. When the salmon reaches your desired doneness, carefully remove the salmon and pour any additional marinade on top of the salmon. Top with the apple salsa and enjoy.