Gala and Goat Cheese
This appetizer will have you at hello! The taste of each ingredient works well with one another, bringing out the best of each distinct flavor in every bite. This appetizer is the perfect bite of salty, savory, and sweet. We are confident it started the OMG expression.
- 1 New York Gala apple, sliced into half-moon shapes about 1/8” thick
- 1 package of garlic, rosemary, or olive oil crostini (you can also use bagel chips)
- ½ cup creamy Goat cheese
- ¼ cup of pickled, sliced onions
- 6 pitted date halves, slice the halves into quarters lengthwise
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary for garnish
- Take 12-14 garlic crostini or bagel chips out of the package. Smear about half a tablespoon of creamy goat cheese upon each piece of crostini.
- Place one half-moon slice of apple on top, followed by one or two slices of pickled onion.
- Add the sliced date on top. 4. Arrange on a serving cheese board plate and garnish with fresh rosemary.