French Apple Pie Granola
Do you ever wake up in the morning and crave apple pie? We know the feeling. This recipe gives you your slice-of-happiness fix without having to bake a whole pie!
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped NY apples
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, toss oats, NY apples, crisp rice cereal, coconut and raisins until mixed well.
- Add honey, maple syrup and butter to a saucepan. Heat on medium for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Mix spices into honey mixture until combined completely.
- Drizzle hot honey mixture over oat mixture and toss with a rubber spatula until well coated.
- Spread mixture onto a large sheet pan. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with milk, over yogurt, or just snack on it all morning!