Festive Fall Tortellini Toss
Why not dress up your everyday tortellini tonight? The addition of sautéed mushrooms, butternut squash and walnuts adds hearty earthiness to this autumnal dish, while tart NY apples cut the richness of the cheese. We promise, you’ll never want to eat plain tortellini again.
- 1 9-oz. package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1¾ cups butternut squash, cubed and peeled (about ¼ inch cubes)
- ½ tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 medium NY apple, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup cubed smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, squash and poultry seasoning; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add NY apple, apple juice concentrate, vinegar and onion; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until squash is tender.
- Drain tortellini; rinse with cold water and place in a large bowl. Add squash mixture, walnuts, cheese and parsley; toss gently to coat and serve.