Farro Apple Salad
Courtesy of Dianne's Vegan Kitchen
Farro is an ancient grain with nutty flavor and satisfying chew, and it cooks in about 15-20 minutes. It pairs fabulously here with crunchy New York apple pieces, baby kale, pecans, and dried cranberries.
- 1 cup farro
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 New York State apples, finely diced
- 3 cups loosely packed baby kale, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- Cook the farro in the stock or water according to the directions on the package. Allow it to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine farro, diced apples, baby kale, pecans and cranberries. Gently mix to combine everything together. Fold in the dressing and add additional salt/pepper to taste.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.