Empire Apple and Spicy Cheddar Lettuce Wraps
Imagine the taste of diced jalapeno and cheddar and the sweet and tart flavor of a New York-grown Empire apple. This appetizer perfectly pairs sweetness, spiciness, and earthy notes with a tangier finish. These make a tasty vegetarian option for any charcuterie board.
- 1 NY empire apple, diced into medium size cubes and divided into 5 portions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, deveined and finely chopped
- 5 romaine lettuce leaves
- 5oz of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Arrange Romaine lettuce leaves on a serving platter.
- Add about 2 ounces of diced apple onto each lettuce leaf
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of diced jalapeno pepper over each lettuce wrap
- Top each off with one ounce of shredded cheddar cheese.