Easy Harvest Apple Ring
This is a perfect sweet, breakfast bread to entice your family out of bed.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling or topping
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) maple-flavored syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted**
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 14" pizza pan.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange triangles in circle on prepared pizza pan with wide ends overlapping in the center and points toward the outside. (There should be a 3" diameter circle in the center).
- Spoon apple filling evenly over dough to within 2-2 1/2" of outside points of dough and 1/2" of center edge. Bring point of triangles up over filling and tuck under base at center. (Filling will not be completely covered).
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to cooling rack; cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, combine confectioners sugar and syrup in small bowl; mix until smooth. Drizzle over warm apple ring; sprinkle with walnuts. Serve warm.
- **To toast walnuts, spread walnuts in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.