Easy Cheesy Apple Flatbread
Recipe provided by Maggie McDermott of Central Square, NY, finalist of the 2018 New York Apple Association’s Apple Recipe Contest.
- 2 naan breads
- 1 fresh NY apple sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 ounce(s) sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 ounce(s) Asiago cheese shredded
- 1 ounce(s) thick cut bacon finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste (you can use any cheese or additional toppings you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place both naan breads on a cookie sheet sprayed with oil.
- Brush olive oil over each naan making sure to get the crust area well.
- Lay the arugula on both flatbreads.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the cheddar on one flatbread and 1/2 of the Asiago on the other.
- Layer a few pieces of the apple on top of the cheese for both flatbreads.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar on the cheddar flatbread and the rest of the Asiago on the Asiago flatbread.
- Lay a few pieces of the red onion on both flatbreads.
- Sprinkle the prosciutto on the asiago flatbread.
- Add a pinch of salt/pepper to each, if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes. If you want the cheese to brown more, place under the broiler for a few minutes.