Easy Caramel New York State Apples (2015)
Caramel apples are a favorite of the whole family, and make for a h-apple-y Halloween.
- 6 apples
- 6 popsicle or lollipop sticks
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 14-ounce package of individually-wrapped caramels
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) crushed walnuts
- Scrub apples and dry them. Refrigerate them until chilled. Remove stem and insert stick in the center of each apple.
- Butter a baking sheet.
- Unwrap caramels, and combine them with milk in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove bowl from microwave, stir the caramel mixture and microwave for another 1 minute. Stir the mixture until it is smooth and free of lumps. (If needed, microwave for additional time until caramels are completely melted and mixture is lump-free.)
- While caramel mixture is hot, spoon mixture over each apple to coat. Roll caramel-coated apple in crushed nuts, and place on baking sheet. Refrigerate until set and ready to serve. Consume promptly.