Curried Shrimp Salad with New York State Apples & Dried Cherries
Sweet and savory summer salad using New York State apples.
- Serving Size1 Cup
- Yields2 Servings
- KCal: 200kal
- Carbs: 27g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 17g
- Sodium: 850mg
- 1/4 cup(s) low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped lemon-herb shrimp*
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped New York state apples
- 1/3 cup(s) diced celery
- 3 tablespoon(s) dried cherries
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Lemon-Herb Shrimp Preparation
- ½ pound shrimp, shelled and deveined 1 tbsp. basting oil with herbs 1 tbsp. chopped thyme 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Sauté shrimp by preheating a pan over medium-high heat on stove. Add oil. Carefully place shrimp in pan. Stir-fry large shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes; medium shrimp 2½ to 3½ minutes, and small/bay shrimp 2 to 2½ minutes. Let shrimp cool.
- Combine mayonnaise, curry powder and water in medium bowl. Wisk until blended. Add prepared shrimp, chopped apples, celery and cherries, salt and pepper. Combine well. Cover and chill.