Crunchy NY Apple Coleslaw
A refreshing slaw recipe using New York Gala apples.
- KCal: 262kal
- Carbs: 39.5g
- Fat: 11.3g
- Protein: 5.8g
- 1 Small head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 Carrots (about 1 cup), cut into matchsticks
- 2 New York State GALA apples, cored and cut into matchsticks
- ¾ - 1 Cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
- ½ Cup slivered almonds (or sunflower seeds, pecans, or walnuts)
- 2-3 Green onions (about ½ cup), sliced
- ½ Cup tahini or mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ Cup apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 Tablespoons water (omit if using mayonnaise)
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine tahini and water or mayonnaise, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and pepper. Add 1-2 tablespoons water if needed to reach desired consistency. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, New York State Gala apples, cranberries, almonds, and green onions. Drizzle with dressing and mix well to coat. Serve immediately or after chilling for 30 minutes.