Classic NY Apple Pie
Recipe and photo courtesy of Jeffrey Strozyk
Simple directions for a delicious apple pie made from NY apples.
Serving Size1 Slice
YieldsMakes one pie
Cook Time45 mins
- 6 cups New York State apples, thinly sliced and peeled
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Two refrigerated pie crusts (or your favorite homemade crust recipe)
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Heat oven to 425°. Place first crust into greased pie pan, pressing gently to fill sides and bottom. Trim crust evenly with the pan edge.
- Fill pie crust and place second crust over filling. Wrap excess top crust under the bottom crust edge. Press edges together with a fork to seal and make a design.
- Cut slits in top crust. Cover edge of crust with strips of foil for the first 25 minutes of baking. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.