Chickpea Waldorf Salad
Swap chicken for chickpeas and mayonnaise for yogurt in this healthy, vegetarian-friendly take on a classic. New York apples, celery and walnuts lend a hearty crunch, while red onion, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar give this salad a flavorful depth. Serve over fresh spinach leaves for a one-two punch of vitamins and minerals.
- ½ cup plain full-fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 14-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 ribs celery, fine chopped
- 1 medium NY apple, chopped into 1/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup red grapes
- ½ cup red onion
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Prepare the yogurt dressing by combining the yogurt, apple cider vinegar, mustard, honey, salt, crushed red pepper flakes and pepper in a bowl. Whisk until well-combined.
- Combine chickpeas, celery, NY apple, grapes, onion, parsley and walnuts in a large bowl. Stir in the dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving, or up to five days.
- Serve over fresh spinach.