Champagne Apple Salad
Colorful and texture-rich, this salad pairs well with hearty soups.
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium New York apples, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup roasted corn
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
Champagne Apple Vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make the vinaigrette, chop half of an apple and 2 cloves of garlic. Add to a food processor and blend until pieces are finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.