Broccoli Apple Salad
Crunchy, flavorful, and produce-packed, this salad is a great as a side dish or meatless meal.
- Serving Size1
- Yields6 Servings
- KCal: 153kal
- Carbs: 30.7g
- Fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 5.2g
- 1 Medium head of broccoli, chopped or 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ½ Cup or 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 Large carrots, grated
- 1 Stalk celery, diced
- 1 New York State apple, unpeeled and diced
- ½ Cup dried or 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ Cup green onions, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- ¼ Cup fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 Cup plain yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon fresh garlic, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon pepper
- Note: raw or blanched broccoli can be used for this recipe. To blanch broccoli, bring a large pot of water to a boil, adding a pinch of salt. Add broccoli to water, cooking for 1-2 minutes, until broccoli is tender and bright green, but not soggy. Drain broccoli and let cool. In large bowl, mix salad ingredients. Toss to combine.
- In small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended.
- Add dressing to vegetable mixture and mix until well combined. Serve cold.