Beet Apple Bowl
Colorful produce and crunchy, flavorful add-ins top protein-rich quinoa in this recipe. This bowl is a great option for a make-ahead lunch.
- 2 medium New York apples, cubed
- 1 ½ lb red beets, washed and quartered
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup fresh kale, massaged until tender
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup cubed feta cheese
- ¾ cup pistachios
- ¼ small red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Zest and juice of one orange
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare beets by drizzling with olive oil and wrapping in a foil packet. Bake on a baking sheet until tender, about one hour. Remove from foil and let cool, then chop into bite-sized pieces if needed.
- Place quinoa in large serving bowl. Top with kale, apples, beets, feta cheese, and pistachios.
- Whisk together red onion, olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper. Toss with salad ingredients and garnish with lemon zest and additional salt and pepper.