Be Stilton My Heart
The savory flavor of sauteed portobello mushrooms and the creaminess of Stilton with small, diced cubes of a New York-grown sweet Fuji apple are perfectly paired while enjoying on a mini naan bread. This appetizer is perfect for any dinner party or gathering. The earthiness of the mushrooms and the sweet, crunchy apple and creamy cheese make this a palate-pleaser.
- 2 NY Fuji apples, sliced into half-moon shapes
- 1/4 cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- 1 cup sauteed, sliced portobello mushrooms
- 12 pieces of mini naan bread or crostini
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, finely chopped
- Sauté mushroom slices in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook on low to medium heat until mushrooms are soft. While the mushrooms cook, place your mini naan bread in a single layer on a serving platter or tray.
- Top naan bread with one tablespoon of cooked mushrooms (enough to cover each piece of bread). Continue doing this until naan bread has been covered with the sautéed mushrooms.
- Top each naan with a slice of apple. Finish topping the slices off with crumbled Stilton cheese and freshly chopped chives.